The library is completely wheelchair-accessible. Meeting Rooms:
The Community Room seats up to 104
The Glass Conference Room seats up to 30
The Board Room seats up to 10
For further information, or reservations, contact Kristen LoPresti
by calling (845) 268-7700 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.Policy Governing the Use of the Library Meeting Rooms
The meeting spaces available in the Valley Cottage Library are designed to provide areas where the public can gather as part of the community to participate in activities of an educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable nature. These rooms are used principally for library purposes but are also available to non-library organizations. These facilities are available to the people of the community on an equitable basis, regardless of beliefs or affiliations of the individual or group requesting their use. The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
The Library has three meeting rooms each with a maximum occupancy as follows: the Community Room - 104; the Glass Room - 30 and the Board Room - 10. All meetings must be considered public meetings and be open to the public.
The following guidelines have been approved by the Library Board of Trustees for meeting room use by outside groups:
- Commercial uses of the facility are not permitted.
- Fund-raising for purposes other than those directly benefiting the Valley Cottage Library is not permissible.
- Approval is granted on a first come, first served basis for only a single meeting or for a series of meetings. The Library is not intended for a group's regular meeting place. A maximum of three meetings a year is permitted by any single individual or organization.
- If space is engaged by a minor (under 18 years old), an adult must be present during its use.
- Space will be available during regular Library hours. Attendees must vacate the meeting room 15 minutes before the library closes. Special arrangements may be made to extend hours either before the Library is open or after it closes. Accordingly, a non-refundable fee will be charged; $50 for any time up to the first hour and $15 for each additional 30 minutes. Cancellation of less than 48 hours will forfeit payment made for this special service. Check must be made payable to the Valley Cottage Library. (See attached form.)
- Admission fees or collections may not exceed a reasonable fee to all in attendance to cover the expense of the program.
- Simple refreshments may be served provided that the room is left in the condition in which it was found. Users must bring their own utensils and supplies. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the building. No smoking of any kind is permitted in the building. All refuse must be disposed in containers provided.
- Organizations wishing to use multimedia equipment must make specific arrangements with the library prior to the event.
The Library Board of Trustees is not responsible for accidents, injury or loss of individual property while the room is in use. Applicants must sign the attached statement of responsibility. The Library Board of Trustees is not responsible for cancellation of the use of the meeting rooms due to inclement weather, power failure or other emergency situations beyond their control.
The applicant shall be responsible for the observance of all rules and regulations. Any damage is the responsibility of the applicant. In addition to any fees for the use of the library facilities, the applicant must leave a $50 security deposit which will be returned via US mail after inspection of the room. If the room is not as it was found or if the applicant exceeds the time limit permitted, the deposit is forfeit. If the applicant gives a cancellation notice 2 weeks or less prior to the requested date the deposit is forfeit. Further use of the room by the applicant will be at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Permission to use the Library facilities will be at the discretion of the Board of Trustees upon submission and approval of a written application and upon the acceptance of the rules and regulations established by them. The Library Director shall administer the approval of all applications.
The Library reserves the right to waive, amend or vary any of the rules of the Library.
Adopted August 4, 1993
Revised November 1998
Revised October 1999
Revised October 2002
Revised June 2004
Revised September 2016
For further information about reservations, contact Kristen LoPresti at 845-268-7700, ext. 157 or use the form below: